The Davis Family

The Davis Family
The Davis Family Loves, Laughs, Learns, Lives Together Forever

click here to learn more...

by Leelou Blogs

Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Trip to Idaho

This is how my trip starts, with a sunset in Ammon, Idaho.
Where my parents live, up in the hills, with beautiful sunsets and sunrises, and I got to enjoy both. 
I like to travel at night because the kids travel so much better. 
This trip is to bring my baby supplies up to my brother Josh and his wife Rachel who are expecting their first baby, a boy.  I won't be using them anytime soon, if at all anymore, and they are of better use with them, than in the shed.
In the morning Grandpa decides Snack J and Sissy Sue are old enough to flip Flap Jacks.

This photo is hilarious: It's the fascination on the boys' faces as Dad blows his nose.  Grandpa totally ate it up.  He then showed the boys how the hair that stopped growing on his head is now growing out of his ears.  Snack J actually tugged on some of it....EWWWW!

Yes I finally made it to the baby shower.  Sissy Sue came with me, and my sister Elisabeth watched the boys. She also ran 5 miles with me that morning, we ran up 21st street! It's quite an incline. 
So anyway,,,This is Rachel, my newest sister in law, who I went to Hawaii to see marry my brother last June.  It's been quite and eventful year! Check out my blogs of their wedding, it was the first time I had ever blogged.

Who are they looking at? Guess who just walked in....

Oh, look!  It's Josh, just arrived back from signing on with the Army! Rachel announces to the group their family's newest adventure and her grandma replys how proud they are of Josh providing for his family and serving the country.  Well said, Grandma!

Isn't this hand pieced quilt by Rachel's mom adorable!

Her mom was overcome with joy with the anticipation of the first grandchild.
I loved the decor: Nests with brown eggs all over the house.

It was well worth the trip, I'm glad I was able to make it. 

Sissy Sue and I stopped in Rexburg, my old stopping grounds to see the new temple.  So breathtaking.

It was getting dark, but Sissy Sue jumped out for a photo for me.


I planned on getting right back on the highway after driving past the temple but I "got lost", and ended up on the street the I used to pound day after day on the Ricks College Campus. 

This sign has changed however...:o) new name.) I had to get a picture of Sissy Sue here, I'm hoping to be able to use it as a before/after picture in 13 years...Nate would just DIE.
Baby C had a hard time falling asleep in his different bed in Idaho, I was only able to get him to settle down when I found the ball he kept asking for. He snuggled up to this ball like you would a teddy bear.  Cute boy.

1 comment:

kcooke said...

What a fun trip! I am glad that you got to go :) My cousin got married in the Rexburg temple..it is so beautiful! I love the pics of your kids too, they are so cute.