The Davis Family

The Davis Family
The Davis Family Loves, Laughs, Learns, Lives Together Forever

click here to learn more...

by Leelou Blogs

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Girls Night Out Again!

Tonight was the Kanesville Relief Society Birthday Dinner and Nate was a sport and took the kids with him to fix a leak at the clinic so I could go to this dinner.   It was decorated like a wedding reception, and the theme was The Emma Awards (in honor of Emma Smith).  They pulled the dark pink floor mats from the entry of the doors and created a red carpet row for the recipients of the awards to walk down, and then they had a host, a group of presenters, and awardees received a bottle of Mrs. Butterworths syrup all fancied up.  It was a delightful evening and I got to sit with two of my great friends: Shannon Smellie on my right, and Danielle Rasmussen on my left. 
I just wanted to take a second and share why I love these two gals so much:  Starting with Shannon: She has the best attitude!  She is a great example to me in so many ways, she's a great friend to so many people, she is outgoing and kind even when it's difficult to break through people's outer shell, she keeps trying and gives people the benefit of a doubt.  She is frugal and an amazing deal shopper and knows how to decorate on a dime but her house looks fabulous.  She has been coming to my exercise group for well over a year now, I can always count on her to come if she can, and she always puts in a good word for me to help get more people to come.  I treasure her strong testimoney, it has helped me many times in our numerous conversations. She has a 6 year old girl, 4 year old boy, and twin 1 year old girls.  She kept her sanity and wits about her during the first year(of twins) with such strength I admired her constantly at her ability to take it all in stride without complaining. And finally this gal had twins and looks like a teenager who has never been through childbirth ever.  Girl you rock your jeans and I think that is sooo cool, I want to be like you soon! 
OK, now onto Danielle, who for those who have listened to me try to explain "My new friend who wants to run with me!" you finally get to see a picture of her!  Isn't she darling! I got to know Danielle in a couple ways as she and I volunteer for our kindergarten child's classroom.  Her 5 year old boy is in Sister Sue's class and then Danielle started coming to my exercise class. I absolutely love every chance I get to hang out with Danielle, she is so down to earth and real, she holds no pretenses about her, and she has one of the kindest spirits I have ever had the pleasure to be around, I don't know how to explain it but she is constantly letting all the crazy things I say and do just roll right off her back and she doesn't let it ruffle her feathers so to speak (at least not around me and I haven't caught on to it yet:o) She is willing to try new things that I offer her, but not afraid to tell me no too, which is good because i wouldn't offer for her to do things with me as much if I wasn't sure she would tell me the truth of whether or not she wanted to do it.  Does that make sense?  Anyway Danielle is running the Syracuse Half Marathon with me on the Memorial Day(Now it's in print no backing out! I'm saying that to me not her;o) and I can't even tell you how excited I am to have someone want to run with me.  Our schedules don't always mesh, but we're working on it!  thanks for coming tonight Danielle!  It's great to see friends all dressed up once in a while.  I'm sure everyone had to double take when they saw my hair not in a ponytail and I put eyeshadow on!  What a fun evening.   

1 comment:

kcooke said...

I am glad you got a night out! You deserve it! Isn't it wonderful to have great friends? I am sure they are just as glad to know you! You all look beautiful in the pic as well.