The Davis Family

The Davis Family
The Davis Family Loves, Laughs, Learns, Lives Together Forever

click here to learn more...

by Leelou Blogs

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday morning long run!!!

I just ran 5 miles this morning with Linnell. We kicked out 10 min. miles. What's cool is that I had so much fun talking with her that I felt like I could keep on going!  I might just be able to handle this half marthon training after all! (We'll see if I say that on my 10 mile run ;o) I just bought new shoes from Peak Performance yesterday and they were great at fitting my feet, and determining what type of shoe I needed.  The run this morning was like running on air.  Can't beat that new pair of running shoe feeling! I had started to feel shin splints coming on, so I knew I couldn't postpone the purchase any longer.  I did spend 90$ on a pair of asics stability shoes, more than I've every spent on shoes in my life, but still cheaper than a gym membership, and so far I'd have to say worth every penny. 
I have to say one of the coolest things is to go running early in the morning as the sun rises, you feel at one with nature, it's like a little secret that most of the world doesn't get in on, because they're still in their beds. Of course I'm not doggin sleeping in, that's also one of the greatest things in the world, but every once in a while you got to try waking up early and getting out into nature. Thanks Linnell for showing up! I probably would have crawled back into bed if you wimped out, cause I was up most of the night with Snack J.  But that's another story :o)