The Davis Family

The Davis Family
The Davis Family Loves, Laughs, Learns, Lives Together Forever

click here to learn more...

by Leelou Blogs

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday Party Davis Style!

Nate moved the castle to the front yard and I decorated it with balloons and crepe paper to celebrate Sister Sue's Sixth Birthday princess party.
We decided to forgo the horse rides this year, but the girls made clips for the the horse's mane with curling ribbon and bows which they got to put on by themselves. Sister Sue took a birthday lap around the yard and gave all the girls high fives. Nate had the girls stand along the flat bed trailer, which eliminated the risk of girls getting in the way of horse feet.









I bought a pinata for the first time ever at dilly dally's for 7 bucks, and spent 4 bucks on candy. At wal-mart the cheapest pinata started at 15 dollars without candy, so I'd say definately worth the money not making my own, which was I felt like I should do if I was truely frugal. Gotta love that look of determination on Sister Sue as she wacks the fairy princess. That song "things that make you go hmmmmm" enters my mind...

I told Sister Sue I didn't think I could make a princess cake, and she was devestated. I made cupcakes for the girls to frost and decorate themselves and decided to use the rest of the batter to make a small round cake, I put the decorations together with stuff left over from the loot bags and I think it turned out pretty. One girl asked me if I made that cake(as if she had never known someone to not buy a birthday cake before). Well, Sister Sue was happy and she still can't figure out where I got that Cinderella center (off an old toy she hasn't played with in years)

Notice the flowers in the top picture... Nate had them delivered to Sister Sue's Kindergarten class on Friday. The teachers were so suprised. I was there volunterring so I got to see the whole thing live. It was pretty cool to hear the secretary call to the classroom to announce the special delivery. She was so excited. I brought Dora Popscicles to pass around for her class. It was a hit. definately recommend it. cupcakes just end up in the garbage after the icing is licked off.


Sister Sue got this adorable hat and purse from her cousin Morgen. She also got so many fun toys and dolls and gadgets, all her dreams and wishes came true she said.

I got this high school musical dance mat at Kid to Kid for 3.99. It's like a souped up simon says with lights and music. The boys love it! My friend Shannon brought her girl's 2 dance mats for the party and we had a dance off. Really noisy and confusing, but the idea was good.

I got this princess dance video at the dollar store and it turned out to be a great idea. Nate borrowed his brother's projector and this video tell the rest of the story!

I think that the dollar store (honks) is the most amazing place to stock up for a party. I had not paid attention before to all the supplies they offer. It was really awesome, I got princess themed hats, invites, napkins, plates, tablecloth, blowers, balloons, crepe paper, pin the horn on the unicorn, the list goes on and on...

1 comment:

kcooke said...

Happy Birthday Conley! I am glad you had a fun party! Nice job on the cake Charity :)