The Davis Family

The Davis Family
The Davis Family Loves, Laughs, Learns, Lives Together Forever

click here to learn more...

by Leelou Blogs

Sunday, February 28, 2010

To Gag or Not to Gag? Do you dare find out?

So remember Bountiful Baskets and how excited I was to introduce new veggies to my kids? Well, I decided for Sunday dinner we would try the squash. Snack J threw a fit with me even putting it on his plate and would not stop fussing over it. We told him it had to stay on his plate and he had to try 1 bite, but Nate could see we were not winning, or maybe because he has had a similar childhood memory.... So he suggested that those who eat their squash get a popsicle. Sister Sue sucked that right up and started pounding hers down saying in loud exclamations how good it was. Well Snack J got so far as to lick it, but then couldn't be outdone by Sister Sue he started to take little bites and drinking water between them. I was sitting right next to him and saw him involuntarily gag on a couple of the bites but he kept it down and didn't say anything to me about it, but kept at it. I had to cover my face and pretend to cough to cover my laughter because his sheer determination and drive to get the popsicle despite the formidible task was hysterical.
Yeah I did it!He posed for this picture, he didn't really take a bite this big!
Nate knew that Baby C would not be so motivated to eat the squash not understanding the reward system that was set in place. And he was right. He pulled the funniest faces every time it accidentaly got in his mouth.

Sister Sue wanted to show off her press on nails she got for her birthday.

Super Nate saves dinner!

Snack J loved his star shaped purple popsicle. What a kid!

No comments: