The Davis Family

The Davis Family
The Davis Family Loves, Laughs, Learns, Lives Together Forever

click here to learn more...

by Leelou Blogs

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Time Out for Women 2010!



I got to go to Time Out For Women in Ogden this year with Kim Keeler and Aimee Morrison.


I had such a great time. My oil lamp feels like it got filled to the brim. Now I just need to keep it filled! We got to hear from John Bytheway,Chieko Okazaki! "You never run out of smiles, greetings, prayer", Amanda Dickson (KSL Radio)"Is dissapointment really that bad? Don't be so scared of it! God knew we were going to mess up and provided a way to make it all better, so get out of your comfort box and hope for high things, During tough times we long for people to tell us 'everything is going to be O.K.' because we know deep in our heart that these words are true and we like to be reminded of this truth." Emily Freeman"When you don't have enough faith there is always Hope", Mariama (African Holocaust survivor)"I watched my parents be shot to death, my brother's arms were cut off and he died, I was forced to watch my sister be raped and her legs cut off and she died. I was all alone, but God had a plan for me. I found the church, we were given a humanitarian kit which I shared with over 25 women, when I was called to serve a mission at temple square we toured the Humanitarian Center where I saw where the kits came from and I just sobbed. Your little efforts in providing these kits gave me hope that there was good left in the world." Mercy River, a women trio performed amazing music and so did Jenny Oaks Baker who was awe-inspiring on her violin, she held me in rapture listening to her intensity and interpretation of music.



On Saturday we sat 2 rows behind a favorite musical artist of mine: Hilary Weeks. I started to freak out when I realized it was her and Kim took me up to meet her, get her autograph and give her a hug. It was awesome, except that I blubbered like a baby. It was really embarresing. Her music helped me through some of the darkest moments of my life and helped me celebrate some of the happiest moments too. So thinking about how much her music has been a part of my life for the past 10 years just made me so emotional, plus I was at TOFW where we were already experiencing eye leaks as it was....!


Here are a couple of links to a couple of articles written about the event. They share the stories much better than I just did, and give them justice.
http://www.mormontimes.com/people_news/people_church/?linkTrack=mtEmail&id=13208

http://www.mormontimes.com/people_news/people_church/?linkTrack=mtEmail&id=13218

No comments: