The Davis Family

The Davis Family
The Davis Family Loves, Laughs, Learns, Lives Together Forever

click here to learn more...

by Leelou Blogs

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mother's Intuition or God's Inspiration?


Well, the answer is given by changing the OR to Through: Mother's Intuition Through God's Inspiration. On Friday I had an experience that strengthened my testimoney of God's love for his children through small and simple whisperings of the Spirit to my spirit. I had a feeling I needed to get Baby C in to see the doctor on Friday. I spent half the day questioning myself. See Baby C has been stuggling the past 8 weeks with bronchiolitis. He's had RSV at least 2 times as an infant and as a result I've noticed every simple cold ends up in his chest and he's wheezing like an old man, and the snap crackle pop of the bronchiolitis has become a common sound at our house. We've bought our own nebulizer and have a large supply of Albuterol. So on this Friday morning he wasn't wheezing, coughing, he seemed well over his cold from the week before, and he was running all over the place like a happy child, but when he woke up from his nap at noon he woke up with a fever 102.6 and it seemed like the cold had come back with a vengence. Nate come home for work early and I told him this didn't seem like a new cold fever, and that I needed to take him in to see Dr. Eberhard, our pediatrician. They fit me in at 3:30 and by that time the Tylonol had kicked in and he seemed fine again, following Nate all over the back yard and I felt pretty foolish for bringing this happy child into the doctor, but I had a peace come over me that this was the right thing to do so I pressed forward. The doctor had seen me Monday for Snack J who had walking Pneumonia and here I was on Friday with Baby C, and he listened to his chest briefly and said he has bronchiolitis and we were to put him on a inhaled steroid via nebulizer 2 times a day for the next 6 weeks. OK, I thought well at least the trip wasn't in vain, (I always hate when you pay to hear the doctor say it's just a virus wait it out) But I felt that there was more and so I asked him outright, "so no pneumonia?, would you mind listening to his back?" So he did, mostly to humor me, I'm sure, and said he couldn't hear anything. He said we could do chest x-rays, but I was like, if you don't think like he has pneumonia then let's not worry about it. So he typed up his note and prescription and as a parting thought he said, "if you want to do chest x-rays we can, i have time..." so I said "let's do it" and I still felt like a fool taking this happy go lucky smiling child up to radiology. I've never had a child take chest ray before, and my kids have had pneumonia at least 5 times between the 3 of them. When Dr. Eberhard looked at the x-ray he shook his head and said "it's a good thing we did this x-ray." He showed me the large area of the left lung where he was supposed to see the outline of the heart but couldn't due to the infection. I rejoiced right there and then, my eyes smarted with tears. I knew God's grace had been bestowed upon my little family today. He inspired me to take Baby C to the doctor, and when I felt silly for pushing my doctor and questioning his judgement, God inspired my doctor to listen to me and recommend a course of action he wouldn't normally recommend(he said he usually waits for 2-3 days of fever before getting chest x-rays. That night Baby C got really sick and has been really sick. Nate and I barely got a couple hours of sleep between the 2 of us, but it was reasurring to know that z-pack antibiotic was on board and we did what was needed. We were able to keep him out the hospital and between Nate and I were able to tag team to get ready for Sister Sue's birthday party. I truely felt grateful for God's gift of Mother's Intuition this weekend.

1 comment:

kcooke said...

Wow! I am glad you got him in and found out what was wrong. Way to go! Let us know if you need anything!