The Davis Family

The Davis Family
The Davis Family Loves, Laughs, Learns, Lives Together Forever

click here to learn more...

by Leelou Blogs

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dinosaur Park

On an No School Day, in January, when the day was a Balmy 45 degrees I decided to give in to Snack J's endless requests to go to Dinosaur Park. I justified that since I was saving money not going up to visit my family in Idaho, for a reason I can't remember anymore,,,really, that I could spend a fraction of that and do a spontaneous trip to the park. I had free tickets somewhere, but have been so disorganized that I knew I would spend half the day trying to find them and miss the opportunity to seize the day. So I just paid full price. Which you have to know is NOT easy for me to do, enough for me to make a big point of telling everyone on my blog! P.S. I finally found the free tickets like a week later, luckily for Snack J who is already back to demanding we go back, at least 3 times a week.
I even splurged and rented the wagon, which was so great to take in the whole park, my double stroller was underneath snow somewhere in the back yard. I love this shot, it reminds me of 3 ducks in a row, waddle, waddle, quack quack.:o)

uh, mom, why am I sitting on this thing?


We were the only ones in the park, I guess not too many people think Dinosaur Park in January, but really, i'd rather stomp around in the snow than be beat down by the summer heat. I think 45 degrees is a perfect temperature.



Now Sister Sue has never seen Karate Kid, but she sure knows how to strike a pose! We had a great time, and my children made me proud as I took them through the inside museum. They looked at each display with awe and asked a ton of questions. I'm glad to be raising museum loving children. I think that respecting and learning about history is vital to our freedom and museums help bring history to life.





No comments: